Friday, July 9, 2010

To whom it may concern,

This semester has been a challenge for me. Being a young widow; I find it hard finishing my assignments, while still having time to spend with my kids. English has never been an easy subject for me. I have a lot of good ideas but writing them down in an organized way is difficult for me to do. I have so much to say but struggle with getting my point across clearly. The biggest challenge has been learning all the new technology. Figuring out how to do the homework on the computer takes up a lot of my homework time. Now that the semester is halfway over, I feel that I have finally got that down.
Reading has always been a hobby of mine. I really enjoy reading, however, I usually only read books with stories that I can relate to. The stories we have been reading in class are not something I would choose to read for enjoyment. Poetry, for instance, has never been something I’ve liked reading, it’s an art I’ve never acquired. This was the first time in college that I have had to do anything with poetry, so analyzing poetry was a new experience. In the past I took a critical reading class and I think it helped prepare me for English 102.
My goal for this semester is to improve my over all writing skills. I would like to be able to use correct punctuation, improve my vocabulary, and spelling. Writing is very important, it is an essential tool, and is a critical way of expressing yourself. Now a days, with the new technology such as; E-mails, Blogs, and Facebook; writing is being used more to communicate. Writing has never been something that I am good at and has never been easy for me. Already I feel more comfortable with writing, due to taking this class, and I’m excited to continue to learn more throughout the second half of this semester.

Sincerely,

Kelly Wilson

No comments:

Post a Comment