Friday, July 16, 2010

Research Proposal

Research Proposal

For Essay #3 I would like to get a better understanding of communism. Since Atwood’s book seems to be about a communistic time in the future, I would like learn more about it. Where did communism come from? Is all communism the same? What is the purpose of communism? What countries still live with communism? These are some of the questions I would like to learn more about.

I plan on finding my information online and at our local library. The library is a good way to find a more creditable source, rather then the internet if you ask my opinion. Sometimes online sources can give false information and you really have to be careful. I’m still not comfortable with research papers. I have a hard time with all the different rules to avoiding plagiarism and I’m sure I will be spending quite a bit of time in the tutoring center. However; I’m open and excited to learn.

The reason I picked communize for my research topic is because Atwood’s book seems very similar to communism. It seems like everybody has a role and they lack any kind of freedom. Picking this topic will help me better understand the depth of the lack of freedom Offred has. Her only purpose in life is to procreate. She has absolutely no choice and is constantly living in fear. I believe that’s how communism is but I’m not really familiar with it and so that is why I chose communism as my research topic.

No comments:

Post a Comment